0
Posted by Epifany in - 27 June 2010 3:40 AM

Good morning, a lot of questions come out on my mind, regarding this mineral oil. I'm a certified user of this product, recently I find out that every time I move, its as if my body flakes. Is this an effect of mineral oil? I need a possible answer asap. Thanks..

Anon. Zamboanga City



Dear Anon,

Well it could be a number of things. I'm not sure what you mean so I'm guessing that your skin is starting to flake. This could mean that your skin is now stating to starve.

Has your diet changed recently? or maybe the weather? constant temperature changes? Changes in soap or clothing?

As I say in my article about mineral oil, it is nothing but a film that protects the skin from dryness but it doesn't add moisture to the skin as it doesn't pass through the skin.(that's why it always says to apply to damp skin or after a shower as water is moisturizing!)

So if for example you have a poor diet your skin will become dry thus leaving the mineral oil with nothing to cling on to, resulting in a flaking effect. If you had used something like almond oil it would have added moisture to the skin and then you would not have had a flaking effect, even though you still had a poor diet. But I must add that your skin even though no longer flaking will not look healthy.

Looking after your body inside is just as important as the outside or even more.

I hope this helps

This post has 0 comments
0 bikbik kere edilmiÅŸ

Post a Comment