5
Posted by Epifany in - 28 April 2009 11:00 AM
For those who don’t know what a pre-poo is, it’s a conditioner you apply to your hair before you shampoo.



So what do you pre-poo with?





I will start the ball rolling by writing what I use. I use the magical water, honey, and olive oil mix. Sometimes I warm it up in a bowl for a hot treatment over the winter months or when my hair is very dry from braiding.

I apply it to my hair with gloves, (I hate stickiness on my hands) and using my fingers, comb it through my hair from tip to root. I part my hair into four and twist it up, then put a Tesco shopping bag around my head. (Yep free plastic bags, they come in handy you know...). I leave it in for 30 mins and wash it out, followed by my Organic Surge shampoo mixed with my pure coconut oil.
I never do this over night because I can't wear a plastic bag on my head while sleeping. It would annoy the hell out of me.

My hair always come out shiny and super soft after. I do find that my hair holds a lot of moisture when I do this. I just wish that I wasn’t so lazy to do this on a monthly basis.

Does anyone else have a different routine to mine or use different ingredients? Let me know.




This post has 5 comments
5 bikbik kere edilmiÅŸ
Laura
May 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM

I use Coconut oil as a pre-poo. I've never tried honey. Doesn't that make your hair sticky??

Epifany
May 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Nope, my hair ends up really moisturised and shiny!

Hello Kitty
May 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM

ooooo I wanted to tried Honey pre-poo. I've been so worried about it because I didn't know which one to use or how to apply it. I'm going to try your method.

Thanks for the info Epifany!

Anonymous
May 9, 2009 at 5:44 AM

I use EVOO for pre-poo. Never tried Honey before...

Anonymous
June 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I use coconut oil and dark n lovely conditiner for my pre poo treatment.i apply it to dry hair and leave it on for 30 to 60 mins
it leaves my hair soooooooooooooo soft.

Post a Comment